Writing Articles Sells Books
Judy Cullins c. 2005
Are you a reluctant marketer for your book? Do you avoid the social and selling aspects of self-publishing and promotion?
Discover the easy and free way to promote your book. It's still the number one top way--writing and submitting articles to other ezines and Web sites.
Getting Started Tips to Create your Selling Articles
1. Use your non-fiction book's chapter how to's or your fictionís juicy chapter excerpts.
2. Keep your articles around 200-800 words each.
3. Keep your article focused on just one thesis or point.
4. Create a hook for your two or three-sentence introduction. Notice this one asked you a few questions to engage you.
5. Forget the old school of writing for print magazines and getting paid. Follow the Internet way-- give your article away like Mrs. Field cookie samples, so people will want to visit the site where you sell your book.
6. Keep yourself out of it. Your audience wants to know what you can do for them. Replace those "I" constructions with "you."
"If you are like me...."
7. Number the main points for clarity. People love easy to read tips.
8. Collect ten well-edited articles before you blast off. Online readers will look at your more seriously when they see you offer more than one quick thing. They will see you as the savvy expert and click to where you sell your book.
9. Leverage one article into five. Change your audience. Change your number of how to's. Three Tips to... or Five Tips... or The Two Best Ways to....
10. Remember free information is the reason people go to Web sites, so put your articles there as well as in a blog.
Once you get dozens of short articles or excerpts out to no spam ezines or top web sites in your field, you will notice the search engines optimizing your site because they see your important key words that link you, your book, or your service together. Your submitted articles lead to the magic of "viral marketing." The thing is that this is attraction, natural marketing at its best.
For more information about book web marketing, promotion, and publicity click here.
If you would like to receive updates and information about Judy Cullins' Free Articles or other online publications, please subscribe below:
Note: You may Freely publish any of my articles as long as you include the signature box below.
Book and Internet Marketing Coach, Judy Cullins, can help you build credibility and clients, sell a lot of books, and make maximum profits. Author of 11 books including Write your eBook or Other Short Book Fast and The Fast and Cheap Way to Explode Targeted Web Traffic" Get her free eBook"20 High Octane Book Writing and Marketing Tips" and two free monthly ezines at http://www.bookcoaching.com