Top Seven Checklist to Design Each Part of your Book to Sell More Copies
Judy Cullins c. 2006
Whether you are an ebook author/publisher or a print book author/publisher, you can get your unique, helpful information. out to make other people's lives better. Other benefits include
branding your business with your book, gaining clients and developing trust with them, and selling enough books to make half your income. All this through formatting your book's insides, front and back matter, so it will sell well the minute you publish.
Book Designing Check and Correct List For your Book's Front and Back Matter:
1. Put book cover in 4-color design as first page. Rather than do it yourself, hire a competent cover designer. For business books, check out MaxCovers.com. He designed three for me.
I also recommend George Foster at www.Fostercovers.com.
2. Make an extra testimonial page to insert right before your table of contents. Testimonials from the rich and famous, media, man/woman on the street, and happy readers convince others you have something good to offer by their endorsement. This can make your book a top seller.
3. Include a list of your other books right before the table of contents to widen sales.
4. Create a table of contents (your chapter titles) and place below it your complimentary free bonus report title(s) and where to find them. When you offer bonus reports, your audience sees this as added value. Some buy your book because they want a particular report.
5. Redesign of all fonts so your book will be easy to read. Easy to read books are the number one way to sell more books. Use fonts such as Arial and other sans serif fonts for the headings and Times Roman and other serif fonts for the copy.
6. Put in proper headings at the top and bottom of each page in the headers and footers. Put the title and page number at the top, and your name and Web site URL at the bottom. For your electronic version, this shows who the author and expert is.
7. List your products and prices at the end of the book along with a page on your coaching, speaking, or other services. You may want to add benefit-driven annotated table of contents for your other books at the end too.
When you include all these parts in your book, your increased new sales will surprise you.
For more information about writing, books, and publishing click here.
If you would like to receive updates and information about Judy Cullins' Free Articles or other online publications, please subscribe below:
Note: You may Freely publish any of my articles as long as you include the signature box below.
Book and Internet Marketing Coach, Judy Cullins, can help you build credibility and clients, sell a lot of books, and make maximum profits. Author of 11 books including Write your eBook or Other Short Book Fast and The Fast and Cheap Way to Explode Targeted Web Traffic" Get her free eBook"20 High Octane Book Writing and Marketing Tips" and two free monthly ezines at http://www.bookcoaching.com