Top Ten Ways to Give Writing Feedback to Professionals
Judy Cullins c. 2006
Writing a book? Web site? Promotional Materials?
Want to uplevel your already professional quality writing?
Whatever we write, we need to share it with our peers or
professionals for feedback before we present it to our
Getting writing feedback has many benefits. Even though you
know your topic well, you may have some old writing sins
lurking in your copy. While a bit scary, if you can put your
ego aside, you'll get valuable ideas from others to make
your writing more clear and inspiring. You will learn how to
identify your writing strengths and weaknesses, and you will
develop your own writing style and voice.
You can exchange feedback with your peers via email or you
can join a writing or book coaching group via telephone and
email support to those like minded who are committed to
boosting their business success.
What to Give Feedback On
1. Does the opening grab your attention? How? Is it clear?
2. What needs editing in syntax ? (grammar) Are tenses
consistent? Is it easy to understand?
3. Does it use strong verbs rather than linking (to be)
Do the verbs advance the story and tighten the writing?
4. Does your piece show, not tell? Do you use senses of
sound, emotions, touch? Do you use creative non-fiction
techniques such as dialogue?
5. Does your piece over describe? Do you have redundancies
that slow your writing down?
6. Does your writing use adjectives and adverbs too much?
Do the nouns and verbs themselves describe?
7. Is it factually accurate?
8. Is it coherent? Does it flow and sound natural?
9. Are the dialogues believable? Does it have enough
10. Does the ending sum up or compel your reader to want to
If you wonder why your copy doesn't bring your clients
running to you, you may need to tweak it a bit. Submit it to
a coach or peer you trust. You'll look like the pro you
For more information about writing, books, and publishing click here.
If you would like to receive updates and information about Judy Cullins' Free Articles or other online publications, please subscribe below:
Note: You may Freely publish any of my articles as long as you include the signature box below.
Book and Internet Marketing Coach, Judy Cullins, can help you build credibility and clients, sell a lot of books, and make maximum profits. Author of 11 books including Write your eBook or Other Short Book Fast and The Fast and Cheap Way to Explode Targeted Web Traffic" Get her free eBook"20 High Octane Book Writing and Marketing Tips" and two free monthly ezines at http://www.bookcoaching.com