1. Just two years ago in 2008, I put up my first profile at LinkedIn.
I learned what to put in my profile to make it more powerful from a mentor. I also edited it 3-4 times to change the point of view from “me” to “YOU”, including engaging copy to please my visitors. That improved my numbers of searches for my name and my audience coming to my profile, to check me out, some to invite me o connect.
2. One year in, I discovered all of my mistakes on LI, similar to my mistakes on FB and Twitter.
I changed my ways. I decided to do what works instead of what doesn’t work. I stopped collecting LinkedIn invites and stopped using LI for my events such as teleseminars, because these people were not in my niche market-my targeted market I wanted to connect with, become friendly with, and exchange great information with to build our presence and our eventual book and business sales.
3. I started a group for business book writers, self-publishing, and internet marketing with an emphasis on social media.
Members grew from just a few to now over 1350 as of November 6, 2010. There, I met other great authors and people with services to help authors and businesses. This has turned into giving seminars and coaching now, after I published my “LinkedIn Marketing: 8 Best Tactics to Build Book and Business Sales”. In this book, I share how I built these targeted numbers in LinkedIn, Facebook, and now my blog at my bookcoaching business site.
4. Over the past 6 months or so, my time here has paid off.
And I want to share why your LinkedIn and Facebook updating is so important. As Tony Robbins says, “Results, Results, Results.”
-Result: My bookcoaching business site has increased its targeted traffic by 57%, many from LI, with sales to match since I became more engaged.
-Result: My Alexa rating that tells how my site compares to others is around 340,000, much lower (and better) than its previous score 8 months ago of 500,000.
-Result: Enough clients to make me and them happy-The numbers range from 8-10 for writing books, and the 5-10 clients who want hands on help with their social media marketing.
-Result: Book sales that make up a third of my Web site and other online income.
5. My results come from my willingness to do what it takes to get more visibility, credibly and appreciated enough that many will buy books and think of me when they want coaching in these steps and strategies to get a much larger presence in LinkedIn.
If you want specific help with your LinkedIn strategies you can read my book at http://www.bookcoaching.com/linkedin-marketing.php
Schedule 30-minute hands on coaching session on any social media at http://www.bookcoaching.com/social-media.php